We don't typically cover engagement sessions on the blog, but in my mind, this sassy vintage e-session is definitely blog worthy! And, it totally jives with a few of our Top Trends for 2010
- brides catching vintage fever & screwing the trends in favor of expressing your individuality!
Take a look at these pictures by Kelly Hornberger Photography
. Isn't it exciting to see an engagement session like this?
Historically, when I think "e-session", I'm thinking boring couples shots, an outfit change or two, and not much else. But these pictures are inspiring- you can take your e-session in whatever direction you'd like, express your personality and style, and show the fun, quirky sides that make you and your fiance so great!
Here's a little background on this cool couple and rad engagement
Shannon and Brian love them some Rat Pack and the 1940's. Their upcoming wedding this summer is going to be at a retro movie theatre in Downtown Houston. We wanted to incorporate this vibe into their e-session, and here's how we did it:
- Balloons that matched their wedding color palette.
- Shannon's Vintage Garb: a couple sweet dresses
from Anthropologie, vintage gloves and hat.
- Brian's Style: he wore a basic suit, striped tie and black fedora from Target.
- Funky Cake Topper: the vintage bird statuette pictured will sit atop their wedding cake.
- Stroke of Luck: we stumbled upon a broken down vintage Jaguar, which we clearly could not pass up!