Our fabulous blogger, Bride Chic
, is in the know when it comes to wedding trends coming out of London! And with all eyes and ears on Prince William's upcoming nuptials, British bridal fashion is taking a walk on the royal side!
Check out these top 3 2011 wedding trends coming out of London:
1. Haute Couture Bridal Fascinators and Poufs
- the sudden popularity of fascinators and poufs as bridal headpieces is heavily influenced by the upcoming royal wedding. The British have a real tradition for hats, and right now, these are very much IN!
2. The Waif/Goth/Fairytale Wedding Dress
- Kate Middleton probably won't be wearing one of these dramatic wedding dresses
, but big voluminous ballgowns
have always been synonymous with British bridal designers. Add the layered gossamer fabrics and florals a la Diana, and you have the fairytale British bridal look. Elizabeth Emanuel for the Art of Being
, Terry Fox
and Charlotte Balbier
are just a few British designers doing these dramatic wedding dress silhouettes.
3. 1950's-Inspired Ultra-Prim Bridal Style
- The other side of the spectrum from the voluminous ballgown is the 50's-inspired wedding dress with crisp clean lines in romantic lace
. Paired with ultra-prim, demure accessories like gloves, tiny hats or floral accents, this bridal look is totally elegant and totally Brit. The famous Stephanie Allin dress
is a perfect example. As of late, engaged clients come to me with this design as their inspiration, wanting their very own 50's-inspired variation.