Here are five hot hair and makeup trends perfect for 2011 and 2012 brides!
1. Jewel-Tone Eye: Dramatic smoky eyes are making a comeback in a vintage-inspired nod to the roaring 20's.
* DIY how to- start by applying a primer to your lids (to avoid creasing), then use a black eye-liner to draw in around the eye, smudging out with a brush to create the smoky look. Follow with a bright jewel-toned shadow and jet black mascara.
2. Playful Blush, Nude Lips: A new set of rules on where to brush your blush have arrived! And for brides-to-be sporting statement blush in 2011 or 2012, your perfect match is a nude lip.
* DIY how to- for a 'frostbitten' look, apply blush below the cheekbones, reaching down to the jawline. For a 'painterly' fresh-faced style, sweep blush high on the temples. Stick with a pink hue, and focus on the apples and cheekbones. A nude lip helps to offset exaggerated blush, and keeps the focus on the bride's beautiful skin.
3. Sultry Spider Lashes: Clumpy, chunky eyelashes used to be a major faux pas. But in 2011, this interesting look takes a turn for the chic.
* DIY how to- bat the mascara brush into the lashes with a good amount of force. Apply two swipes of mascara, plus a final application concentrated at the lash tips to give them a thick, spiky effect. Use a mini brush to to coat lower lashes.
4. Messy Ballet Buns: Maybe it's the popularity of the Black Swan or the 2011 texture-trend, but mussed up ballet buns are back and better than ever. Pair your loose bridal updo with a sparkling vintage brooch to make a dazzling statement when you say I Do.
* DIY how to- choose your part (we like the deep side part seen on Chanel's models) and gather hair into a low, mid or side pony tail. Secure pony with a hair tie and spritz with salt spray to add texture and grip. Knot the length of your pony around the hair tie, and fasten with bobby pins.
5. Magical Metallics: It seems like an eternity that we've been talking about the metallic trend storming fashion and bridal catwalks. And now, even eyes, cheeks and lips are getting the metallic treatment!
* DIY how to- dab a silver cream shadow onto the inner corner of the eyes, or dab an icy powder atop crimson red lips. The warm red mixed with the metallic finish makes this bridal makeup look sensual and feminine. Will any of these hot beauty looks make an appearance down your white aisle? If so, which ones will make the cut?