New York Fashion Week doesn't just offer style inspiration for your waltz down the white aisle. Beauty, makeup and hair
trends that will soon hit the bridal industry begin
on these high-fashion catwalks.
So join us as we trend-spot the best up & coming beauty looks perfect for brides-to-be!
1. Bold and Artistic at Jason Wu
- Jason Wu
turned the classic chignon modern and dramatic by incorporating loads of black feathers into the hairstyle. Models' sported bright red lips and nails, rosy pink blush on the lower apples of the cheeks, and black liquid eyeliner on the upper lash line. To catch the runway lights, a shimmery silver pigment was used on the cheekbones, nose and inner lower lash line.
2. Clean & Classic with a Minimalist Twist at Tommy Hilfiger
- Sometimes the simplest styles look the most expensive and chic. Case in point, Tommy Hilfiger's Spring 2012 runway show. Models' wore sleek, straight ponytails with deep center parts secured at the nape of the neck, complimented by natural-looking makeup including nude lips, beige cheeks and a pop of silver irridescent powder on the lids.
3. Strong and Architectural at Derek Lam
- ...with a California-meets-East-Coast-chic finish! To achieve this look, Lam's makeup artists focused on creating a striking eye using shades of yellow, copper and green. Eyelashes and lips were given the metallic
treatment (think copper mascara, pale gold lip gloss) and pink blush graced the models' enviable cheekbones.
4. Dewey and Fresh-Faced at Marc Jacobs
- Marc Jacobs also kept it naturally beautiful this Fashion Week season. Models sported dewey, glowy skin, barely there makeup and slicked back hairstyles
. I adore the retro-inspired ponytail seen on Jacobs' 2012 catwalk for an unexpected bridal updo.
5. Classically Pretty at Carolina Herrera
- The makeup at Carolina Herrera's Spring 2012 RTW runway show was all about enhancing natural beauty. Drama was kept to a minimum, and the makeup shades were warm and neutral. An elegant looped ponytail parted down the middle was the hairstyle of choice, and hair was prepped with Moroccanoil Light prior to styling to keep locks silky and frizz-free. This natural makeup and hair
look is perfect for classic, traditional brides.
Which beauty look do you love most?
If I can make a prediction now... I'm betting on a major resurgence of ponytails and sleek all-up 'dos for 2011 and 2012 brides! What other up-and-coming wedding trends
can you predict? Post a comment to share your predictions!