You’ve received the engagement ring, set the date and the next big question is what will you wear? We have come up with some creative ways to help you find your dream dress and stay within your budget. We also have a few money saving tips for your bridal party, too.
The Wedding Dress
• Most of the big bridal shops have huge sales once a year, which are typically held at hotels or other venues like wedding shows. Look in your local paper, online or ask a wedding planner to find out what time of the year the sales are held.
• Consider shopping for a preowned wedding gown. Most used wedding dresses are marked down by at least 50% off their retail value, allowing you to purchase a designer wedding gown for a fraction of the price.
• Many menswear shops will let your groom rent his tuxedo for free or provide a discount if his groomsmen rent their tuxes there.
• Allow your groom and his groomsmen to wear a dark suit they already have in their closet. Buy matching ties and boutonnieres and it will pull the whole look together.
The Bridal Party
• Think about looking in unconventional places to buy bridesmaids' dresses. Go shopping for them during prom season and after New Years Eve at department stores or online. A bridesmaid's gown can be inexpensive and doesn't have to come from a bridal shop.
• The little black dress is always a great and affordable bridesmaid attire option. If a bridesmaid doesn’t have a black dress this is the perfect excuse for her to buy one. You coordinate all the different dresses by giving them the same colored sash or hair accessory.
These are just a few ideas to help you stay within your budget. We’d love to hear other ways you saved money on your wedding attire. Let us know by commenting below!