About Recycled Bride
- Sophisticated green wedding style from a Brooklyn couple -
When some people think of a "green wedding
", it conjures up visions of granola and hemp. But that's SO yesterday! Welcome to the next generation of eco-conscious weddings- stylish, sophisticated, and chic as can be. When Jason Wachob of MindBodyGreen.com
married his wife Colleen, their green wedding was all about local and sustainable choices
that were budget-friendly
and environmentally-friendly. And they didn't sacrifice an ounce of their sophisticated urban style in doing so!
Below are some of the notable green wedding details, shown here in beautiful wedding photos by JP Wedding Photography
1. The bride walked to the wedding
with her sister, who performed the ceremony
, and her mom. Transportation
is usually the biggest factor in a wedding's carbon footprint, but these eco-heroes chose the most sustainable mode of transport around.
2. In lieu of an expensive and potentially pesticide-ridden bridal bouquet, the bride carried a single bright fuschia flower
that matched the flower in her wedding hairstyle
3. The wedding reception
was held at Smack Mellon, a gallery venue that supports women artists
, just a few blocks away from the couple's home in Dumbo. The industrial space was dressed up with chic, delicate, minimalist white table settings.
4. Since Colleen and Jason had doughnuts on their first date, they decided to serve them at their wedding! These yummy treats from the famous Doughnut Plant in NYC were even vegan
5. Colleen and Jason went local for their beverages
and had a keg of Brooklyn Lager, whose brewery is just a few miles away in Williamsburg.
6. The menu was designed on Etsy
and printed on 100% recycled paper
, using the same design from their postcard invites. That’s right — there were no envelopes
for their invites. Guests received a postcard and rsvpd via email, saving paper and postage!
7. Wedding favors
were Jacques Torres artisanal chocolate bars
, made just down the street from the reception venue.
8. A fancy limo or tricked out hotel suite to end the evening? No way! They walked home to their apartment hand in hand from the celebration, then caught a flight to Miami the next day for a mini-honeymoon