Ever since Bride Chic’s post on Friday about choosing a trousseau, I’ve been day- dreaming about honeymoons and travel. Today, the Chicago Tribune had a great article about how to pack for a trip, especially if space is tight.
Here are the top points:
• Stick with basic neutral clothes; add two colors for pop
• Pick easy-care jersey or no-wrinkle knits
• Roll clothes or layer in dry-cleaner bags
• Leave expensive jewelry at home
• Limit shoes to a maximum of these four: sneaker, casual flat, dressy, flip-flops
• Wear your heaviest shoes on the plane (note from me: if your heaviest footwear is hiking
boots or ski boots, then put your flip-flops in your carry-on)
• Pack only what you can carry up a long staircase.