We’re all a little bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day so consider some of these great Irish traditions for your wedding:
• One Irish tradition calls for the wedding couple to walk to the church together before exchanging their wedding vows.
• Traditionally, Irish brides wear blue wedding dresses, rather than white dresses. In ancient times, blue symbolized purity.
• Irish brides often mix lavender (a symbol of love and loyalty) in to their bouquets.
• An Irish bride braids her hair for her wedding day. Braided hair is an ancient symbol of feminine power and luck.
• The Irish tradition of a honeymoon is for the bride and groom to spend a month together drinking honeyed wine, in case their families tried to separate them.