Our fabulous friends at Glamour.com asked us to share our thoughts on the biggest wedding guest Do's and Don'ts. They tapped other experts, like Vané of Brooklyn Bride, and compiled a list of the top 15 do's and don'ts for wedding guests.
1. DO Rsvp: Pay attention to the deadline on the wedding invitation. As soon as you know your reply, pop it in the mail.
2. DON'T Assume +1: Unless it says 'and guest' on the invitation, only you are invited to attend. And DON’T call the bride and ask if you can bring a date.
3. DO Buy your wedding gift early: And buy off the couple's registry. Purchasing early will ensure that you have more of a selection so you're not stuck with the garlic press, dish towel and rolling pin combo.
4. DON'T Bring a large gift to the wedding: Ship it directly to the couple's home instead! Between taking down the decorations, remembering to hand out tips for wedding vendors and saying goodbye to guests, the last thing the bride and groom—and their families—need to worry about at the end of the reception is figuring out how to get all the gifts safely home.
5. DO Be on time: True fact: Weddings tend to run late. But that doesn’t mean you should. Plan to be at the ceremony 20 to 30 minutes early. A major DON'T is walking into the wedding ceremony after the celebration has begun.