One of the hot trends for wedding entertainment this year is thinking beyond the band vs. DJ debate to provide not just music to dance to, but an entire entertainment experience. A belly dancer can be a great way to add to your wedding entertainment. The art form is especially appropriate for couples that love to travel, or come from a Middle Eastern heritage.
Here are five great ways to incorporate belly dancing into your wedding entertainment.
1. A Zeffa procession– In this traditional dance, a belly dancer wearing a candelabra on her head lights the way for the newlyweds as they enter the wedding reception.
2. Cocktail hour - If you’re taking photos in between the ceremony and the reception, why not entertain your guests with a belly dancer while they wait?
3. After dinner– It can be awkward to transition directly from dinner to dancing, a belly dance show can smooth the transition.
4. Audience participation– Instead of just having the belly dancer perform, why not include a lesson for your guests, then watch them use those dance moves during the more traditional dance floor time.
5. Before the wedding– Belly dancing is great exercise! Consider taking belly dance lessons from a studio before your wedding, or hiring a belly dancer to entertain and teach at your bridal shower. You and your girls will feel great about yourselves, and look fabulous!