We asked you to vote for the Best Wedding Blogs of 2011
named Hot Pink Brides
the best modern blog of this wedding year.
Today, Tabitha of Hot Pink Brides
shares her wedding planning
& style secrets. Enjoy!!
1. Describe the aesthetic of your blog in 3 words
Glamous, modern, rockin'
2. Most important advice for brides?
• Once your day arrives there isn't much you can do so just relax and enjoy every moment. It will go by quickly so soak it all in!
• Make sure you eat a good breakfast/lunch!
• Smile, you are getting married!
3. Best piece of advice for grooms?
Be part of the planning so your bride doesn't feel all the pressure.
4. Why the obsession with the royal wedding?
I think people are obsessed with the royal wedding
because it's not an everyday thing. We live for those fairytale weddings!
5. If you planned your wedding today, how would it look different from your real I Dos?
I would have hired a professional wedding photographer
. Other than that it was perfect!
6. Favorite wedding color palette? Favorite theme or vibe?
A wedding that is centered around the couple that is sleek and modern. I really LOVE all colors contrary to the Hot Pink name
7. Favorite wedding dress designer?
, Badgely Mischka
, Anne Barge
8. Go home early or stay out late after the reception?
Stay out LATE!
9. Favorite honeymoon destination?
Anywhere a cruise boat takes me! (*Psst... enter the Ultimate Proposal Contest for a chance to win a 7-day luxury cruise honeymoon & platinum wedding bands
10. Most splurge-worthy item or service?
PHOTOGRAPHY!!! I would rather not eat cake or serve any food at my wedding then do without the wedding photographer of my dreams....again.
11. Best budget wedding tip?
Hire a wedding coordinator!! In the long run they will help you save money and your day will run a lot smoother.
12. Which trends from ourTop 10 Wedding Trends for 2011
list do you love?
Trends we love— #1 (Sophisticated Elegance), #2 (Outdoor Wedding Venues), #3 (Grey is the New Black, Crazy for Navy) and #8 (Luxurious Textures).
A big thanks to Tabitha of Hot Pink Brides for sharing her expertise and Maria Mack Photography
for these gorgeous boudoir photos! If there are other questions you'd like us to ask our best wedding bloggers
, post a comment below!