Special to OneWed by Kara Horner of TheManRegistry.com
Don’t let your wedding guests leave empty handed! While they certainly aren’t required, wedding favors are not only a nice gesture, but a great way to add another personal touch to your wedding day. Give your guests a sweet send-off and keepsake of your wedding with one of these creative DIY wedding favor ideas.
1. If you have a green thumb, send guests home with a living memento of your wedding in the form of small potted plants, tree saplings, sprigs of lavender or kitchen herbs. Dress up these favors with DIY printed labels or hand-stamped hang tags affixed with pretty ribbon, raffia or twine. These favors may even serve double-duty as centerpieces or place card holders for your reception – just pop in a toothpick banner or tag with each guest’s name.
2. Do you moonlight as a chef or baker? Give guests a taste of your favorite homemade sweet treat, such as s’mores kits, cupcakes, flavored popcorn, jam, jelly, honey, fudge, decorated sugar cookies, etc. The treats can be housed in decorated or hand-stamped Kraft paper bags, paper cones, mini cardboard boxes or reusable containers, such as mini sand pails.
3. If you’re a major foodie, but a disaster in the kitchen, another option is to create small, hand-decorated/bound recipe books of favorite dishes or treats (perhaps a few of those featured at your wedding) that guests can take home and keep as a memento of the day.
4. Yearning for something refreshing? Serve guests your signature cocktails in Mason jars — hand-decorated with chalkboard labels or hang-tags bearing your stamped monogram and wedding date — that they can take home and re-use after the wedding. Don’t forget to include decorative straws and screw-top lids to prevent spills. Of course, no drinking and driving allowed!
5. Looking for a green or eco-friendly favor option? Consider giving guests hand-poured soy candles, handmade organic lip balm or plantable seed bombs or seed confetti to remind them of your wedding day.