Seriously, if I hear it one more time I am going to punch somebody in the face, so I thought I’d be kind enough to write it all down. Here it is girl’s… suggestions that will help make your wedding more UNIQUE and DIFFERENT than all the other weddings you will attend over the years.
1. Take a good look at your floor plan for the evening, and then shake it up. You don’t have to have the “standard” wedding diagram. Why not have some round tables, square tables, rectangular tables… have some without linen (if you get the rectangular farm tables, just get a runner and have amazing centerpieces running down the middle), and while you’re at it, get a few different linen options! Go crazy, but more than anything else, have fun with it! There is no rule stating that you must have 8 or 10 guests per table. Odd numbers can play too; so don’t be afraid of them!
2. Get a real band instead of a “wedding” band. Please don’t misunderstand me, I work with some incredible wedding bands, and love every second of their music, but if you are a big music buff, then see if you can arrange for your favorite local band to play. It will definitely change the tone from your “typical” wedding to extraordinary wedding. Just be sure to give them SPECIFIC instructions; tell them that set-up time is actually an hour earlier than it really is, and to please follow the time line of events to a T…
3. If you are choosing a theme for your wedding, get creative! One of my absolute faves was a “Jeans and Jewels” wedding! Everybody wore their very best jeans with a suite coat and all the jewels in their box! It was super festive, and the guests were totally into it! Or if you have a more adventurous crowd, then try a 1920's theme even a “moment in history” theme. Those can be classy and fun without being cheesy.
4. Ya’ know? Maybe those Mitzvah celebrations are on to something… they provide awesome food (I mean… who doesn’t like fried mozzarella, pizza, chicken fingers, French fries, and sundae stations (BB loves a good sundae station at a wedding!)), shit to do, and most importantly ENTERTAINMENT for the kids. Probably the most common complaint about going to a wedding is boredom. So again, shake it up! Get a belly dancer, dance troupe or even a dhol player (look it up), this will totally get your “bored” guests moving their asses on dance floor!
5. Finally, bring it back to the bar baby! Get an ice luge! NO… not to kneel underneath (this is NOT a frat party!), but for a martini glass!!! Light up the ice or put the ingredients of a martini into the ice to make it more interesting. The number one item that guests enjoy most at weddings? THE BAR!!! So, my feeling is if you can’t beat them, then give the people what they want. And they want booze! So give them a show to go with it!
Take these ideas and run bridey’s… Okay? Now quit whining and go make your super unique and different wedding happen. Got it?