When it comes to your wedding reception tabletops, you want to make a statement. But if your budget for wedding flowers isn't $10,000+, you'll need a little creativity to wow the crowd! Which is exactly why you came to OneWed, right?
Below we share five luxe for less ideas for creating captivating tabletops at your wedding reception:
1. Treasure hunting at home Don't be afraid to use and repurpose items you (or your fiance, mom, sister, best friend, grandma, etc.) already own. Dust off those mason jars, stacks of old books, or the ridiculously large bag of seashells you've collected over the years, and bust out the old photo albums and start saving your wine corks. With items like these, you can create gorgeous centerpieces, table numbers and accents, and will spend far less than if you purchased everything off the bat.
2. A paper affair Did you know what an important role paper could play in your wedding reception tabletops? Well...Martha Stewart turned me into a believer, and I can't stress this enough—paper can be your meager wedding budget's saving grace! From crepe-paper flowers to lace-looking napkin rings, romantic luminarias printed on translucent vellum paper, and frothy white paper lanterns fashioned from honeycomb tissue ornaments, the options are endless!
3. Play with different heights, levels This idea won't cost you a dime if you plan before you purchase. Mesmerize guests with eye-catching items of varying heights and one focal point that stands taller than the rest. You can do this with different sized hurricane vases or antique bottles or jars, along with textured touches (greenery, pearls, crystals) and candles galore.
4. DIY sweets work double duty If you love to bake, this one's for you! Round up your bridesmaids and head to the kitchen to whip up your favorite sweet treat for your wedding guest favors. Individually wrap them however you'd like, and display the favors above each guest's place setting. This tasty touch will not go unnoticed!
5. Charm it up If you're working with rented tableware, chances are the glasses and flutes are pretty blah. Jazz up the ordinary and add charm to your tabletops with wine glass charms you made yourself. This is easier than it sounds, and is a little touch that guests won't soon forget. Refinery 29 has the scoop on what you need to create DIY wine charms.
How will you wow wedding guests with your reception tables?