Happy Valentine's Day, lovelies! Seeing as over a quarter million couples get engaged today, we thought it was the perfect time to share our picks for the top trends for 2013. Ready to see the list in all its glory? Here we go!
1. Neutrals - After a year of bold jewel tones (purple was THE color for 2012 weddings) it's back to basics for 2013. Expect to see soft neutral hues like cream, ivory, tan, sand, and stone dominating 2013 color palettes.
2. Neon Pops - Neon is back and prettier than ever! And 2013 brides aren't afraid to incorporate tiny touches of electric brights. Think neon coral nails or toes, chic letterpress invites with electric lime script, or daring bridal heels in your favorite neon shade!
3. Pastels - We've been loving pastels for quite some time, and 2013 brides are definitely embracing them too! Muted shades of blush, lilac, sage, peach, and more will be huge this year, turning out uber romantic I Do's that are absolutely dreamy.
4. Beading - Beautifully beaded wedding dresses are stealing brides hearts from LA to NYC! After all, sparkling down the aisle is a must for most engaged ladies. We think 2013 will be a great year for bridal designers like Badgley Mischka and Jenny Packham, who deliver brilliantly beaded numbers season after season.
5. Illusion Necklines & Backs - We couldn't have a top 2013 trends list without showing alluring transparency some love! Brideys are over the moon for sheer necklines and daring open (or veiled and embellished) backs, and even bridesmaid frocks are getting the illusion treatment this year!
6. Bridesmaids Individualize - Speaking of bridesmaids... thank heaven for this trend! Gone are the days of boring bridal parties sporting the same ill-fitting, unflattering gown! In 2013, bridesmaids will make a serious style statement in non-uniform looks. From mix and match necklines, to infinity dresses in a variety of hues, unique statement jewelry and non-matchy matchy shoes, this is one trend we can't wait to see play out!
7. Braided Hairstyles - We've all seen the Pins and Instagrams dominating the web of pretty braided updos from the catwalks, red carpet, white aisle, and at-home tutorials. So we're betting that 2013 brides will pick up on this trend, and ask their wedding hair stylists to incorporate a braid or two! A cute fishtail pony is perfect for the rehearsal dinner, and loose flowing half-up hairstyles provide a great base to get braided!
8. Statement Lips - While color palettes go neutral in 2013, pouts and puckers are going bold! And the combination of a bright white wedding dress with a racy red or vibrant magenta lip is out of this world gorgeous!
9. Artistic Altars & Aisles - Say goodbye to dull wedding ceremonies! Because 2013 couples are getting creative with their ceremony spaces, adding eye-catching visual elements like beautiful backdrops, artsy-adorned aisles and whimsical arbors.
10. Decorating with Paper - Love flowers but planning on a budget? Then this trend is for you! Paper blooms you can DIY are popping up everywhere, in bridal bouquets and boutonnieres, bunting, atop wedding cakes, and more!
11. Patterns - Prints and patterns are enjoying a comeback, and lots of 2013 bridal collections featured a printed gown or two. We expect to see more of this in 2013, on reception tabletops, incorporated in stationery, and beneath the bride's wedding dress (I.e. a patterned petticoat or pretty printed heels).
12. Roaring 20's - With a new Great Gatsby film on the horizon, it seems nearlyweds have been bitten by the Roaring 20's bug! Art Deco and gilded Gatsby-inspired weddings will make their mark in 2013, with flapper-esque bridesmaids, rockin jazz bands, and dapperly dressed gentlemen.
13. Classic Elegance - Ahhh a return to elegance and sophistication, and boy does it feel good! 2013 couples will choose timeless over themey, focusing on their love and commitment rather than the wedding hype.
So now that you've seen our thirteen favorite wedding trends for 2013, what do you think? Did we get it right? What did we miss? And what trend on our list has your name all over it? Share your thoughts in the comments section below, and tweet us up to join the convo!