The mere thought of a 3-day weekend right around the corner puts an instant pep in my step, so hooray for Labor Day! And believe it or not, it’s totally possible to have a blissful, relaxing three day weekend AND knock out a few to do’s on your wedding planning checklist. Wondering how? Read on to find out…
1. Nail down your rehearsal dinner – Take your honey out for a night on the town, to one of the restaurants you're considering for the rehearsal dinner. Or, try several of the spots by doing a different course at each restaurant! Start with a cocktail and app at one spot, then move to the next restaurant for dinner, and end the night at a third location for dessert and an after-dinner cocktail. By trying several of your rehearsal dinner options in a single night, making the right decision is a breeze!
2. Create your signature drink – Invite your bridesmaids over for a girl’s night in, and ask each gal to bring her favorite spirit, mixer, or cocktail ingredient. Then get the champagne bottles popping, the martini shakers shaking, and the creative juices flowing, all in the name of mixing up the perfect signature drink for your I Do's.
3. Tone up / tan up – Plan an outdoor activity both you and your groom will enjoy. It’ll help you soak up every last bit of summer, escape the stress of wedding planning, and work on getting your body (and bronze) ready for the big day. Golf, tennis, kayaking, and hiking are a few fun activities you can enjoy together, but the options this time of year are really endless!
4. Conquer the Playlist – Take a break from the boob tube, and fire up your favorite iTunes playlists and Pandora stations (and have your groom do the same). When you hear songs you love, write them down, and try to find a few awesome tunes from every era (so even older wedding guests will be tearing up the dance floor at your reception). In no time, you and your soon-to-be will have one kicka** wedding playlist to hand off to your wedding DJ!
5. Test drive those bridal beauty DIYs you’ve been wanting to try – If there's a wedding nail art tutorial you've been dying to try, or an easy breezy DIY updo (we've got three winners HERE) you'd love to wear to a pre-wedding event, then give it a whirl during this long Labor Day weekend. You'll quickly learn if the DIY is really doable for your wedding day, and as we always say... practice makes perfect!
How will you celebrate this Labor Day? Will you try any of the fun (and productive!) suggestions above?