Portland Cakes, Toppers, & Stands: Artisan Cake Company
Review: Blowing my mind with cake.
Wedding Date: 10/07/2012
Reviews Posted: 1
- To say that Artisan Cake Company makes amazing cakes is an understatement. I had been a follower of Liz's beautiful work for quite a time and longed for the day that I would have an event special enough to warrant one of her creations. Fortunately I found a girl that would marry me and our wedding day seemed like the perfect place for an Artisan Cake Company cake.
We chatted with Liz, told her our colors and the theme of our wedding, but really left it open for her to create something in her own style. Thankfully her style isn't severed heads and zombie eyes, otherwise we could have been very disappointed on our wedding day. The cake Liz crafted was truly a work of art, especially the custom cake topper that looked just like us! The cupcakes were topped with icing flowers and the entire setup completely matched our fall wedding theme. Perhaps the best part of her cakes/cupcakes was the flavor. Far too many wedding cakes taste like poo on a sugar stick but the carrot cake, apple cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes were all so moist and delicious we received so many compliments on them!
In addition to the design, flavor and cake itself, Liz was extremely helpful and professional throughout the entire process. She showed up on time and set up the cake table in a flash without us having to lift a finger.
The entire day was thrilling, but without a doubt Artisan Cake Company put the icing on our wedding.
I would not hesitate to recommend them to everyone.
- So many options for flavors and style. I'd like to try all the flavors but I don't want to weigh 300lbs, so I'll stick to 2 or 5 flavors. I believe if you can dream it up, Artisan Cake Company can probably make it. Dinosaur inside of a racecar? Done. Christmas tree with Santa's head on top? Done. Six foot long python cake with baby snakes emerging from the belly? Double done.
- Absolutely thrilled with the service and design of our wedding cake. I'd get married again just to have another cake!
- The fact that there were probably 20 posts about our wedding on facebook and *ALL* of them had a picture of our cake (instead of us, or the venue..etc). That speaks volumes about Artisan Cake Company's work.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
- Knowledgeable, Friendly Staff : 5.0