Wedding Date: 03/01/2016
Reviews Posted: 1
- Wedding Dress
- I would not recommend this place to anyone. Terri, the owner was not honest upfront with how much the alteration charges would be for my daughters dress. She first made my daughter purchase a size too big, although the dress she tried on fit perfectly. Terri told her they would alter the larger dress to fit her. My daughter was also told that the alterations needed would be minor and the charges would only be between $300 and $600. After three trips from Piedmont to Charleston (3 hour drive), the dress was still not altered properly and we were charged $790!!! I called two weeks before we picked up the dress and asked how much alteration charges were going to be, the lady that I spoke with said they would be between $300 and $600. One week before we picked up the dress Terri called and said charges were $790. Needless to say, I was very upset. Terri said that my daughter was updated in emails about alterations and how they were coming along. Not true, my daughter received one email outlining their alteration policy, never did she receive another email with any updates about alterations. In my opinion Terri lacks the integrity to run a business. She is condescending and repeatedly, purposely, mispronounced my daughters name after being corrected.
Overall Rating: 1.0 / 5.0
- Dress, Tux Selection : 1.0
- Knowledgeable, Friendly : 1.0
- Accessory Selection : 1.0
- Alterations Quality : 1.0
Vendor Comment:We are sorry you feel that we ordered a gown too large for your daughter and then were not upfront with her about what alterations charges to expect. I expressed this on the phone with you, and in my email that detailed the alterations that were done and how the charges related to that work. Publicly attacking my honesty and integrity because you do not agree with the alterations cost however, is not warranted.
First, your daughter looks beautiful in her gown. Most importantly, when asked by us and your husband if she was happy with it, she said yes. She did not express any reservations with the fit or with the alterations that were done.
Second, the size ordered was exactly the same as the sample size that your daughter tried on in the store and that you acknowledge fit perfectly. However, in the 4 months between when the gown was ordered and your daughter’s first fitting, her measurements changed. This created the need for additional alterations.
Third, we verbally told you at the time of purchase an average amount to expect for standard alterations like hemming, taking in seams, and bustling. We told you also that standard alterations do not include custom changes to the structure of a dress such as the ones your daughter requested. Your daughter requested that we customize her gown by adding lace straps and lowering the entire dress back. These changes are very labor intensive. Making the custom straps required us to make a pattern, hand cut lace pieces to the pattern, hand stitch the pieces on an underlining and then hand stitch the straps to the gown. Lowering the back required the zipper to be removed, lace to be removed, opening up of the back seams, cutting each of the gown layers down, and then reassembling all of that and sewing the zipper back in. Your daughter received a beautiful customized dress that was just as she asked for. The additional requested customization added costs that pushed the total alterations amount outside of the normal range.
Fourth, we emailed your daughter September 24th, before any alterations began, explaining again the alterations process. The email also says that we can only give estimates as we have to charge by the amount of time it takes our seamstresses to complete the work.
Fifth, I apologize for mispronouncing your daughter’s name. I can assure you that it was not intentional.