Scottsdale Photographers: Aurora Photo
Review: Do not hire this photographer!
Wedding Date: 08/08/2009
Reviews Posted: 1
- How about the one of the photographers kids? I've been waiting almost a year to post reviews because I was hoping as time went by I would be less disappointed. First off, our photos were 2 months late. Then our disk kept mysteriously getting lost in the mail, and when we asked about it, Amy practically accused us of lying. Amy would barely respond to any e-mails and when she finally did, she called our wedding a disaster, and was completely rude. I still remember calling my mom crying because of how mean she was. When I hired Amy, I was ecstatic, we had met once, but not been able to afford her even though I was really impressed with her work, but then saw that she had a special going on and hired her right away because she had been my first choice all along. I was already telling friends and family about her, and sending them her website so they could see her work....then we get nothing but problems. When we finally got our disk with our photos, some of them were missing (she had done a slide show of some of the photos the day of, and some of the pictures from the slide show were not on the disk)...and to top it off, there were pictures of her kids on our disk...which shows me she didn't take her time with our photos from a special day. At this point I'm almost convinced she lost some of our photos, and that's why she was so rude and defensive about everything. I would not recommend her at all!
- Barely even noticed she was there...which maybe that explains why we only got 250 pictures for 9 hours of photography.
- 9 hours of photography, edited photos, and high resolution images on Disk. Which by the way, the images on the DVD were not high resolution.
- She mostly kept to herself.
Overall Rating: 1.8 / 5.0
Review: I do not recommend Aurora
Reviews Posted: 1
- What was your favorite wedding photo? I would NOT recommend Amy Johnson for any photography. We have gotten married almost two years ago and have still yet to receive our complete package that we have paid for! No albums!! Amy and her husband are great with coming up with excesses and lies about their delay in products. It has gotten to the point that Amy won’t even respond to any e-mails. She makes her husband respond and I have not heard any response from them in over 7 months. She does wonderful work but not worth the stress with dealing with her and all of her lies. If you do business with her, all I can say is that you have been warned .
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? Took some amazing shots.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? Engagement pictures, 10 hours of wedding day coverage, wedding prints viewed on line (took over months four to receive) , DVD of all the prints (had to wait over 10 months to receive, which we had to pay extra for), one enlargement print, two wedding albums (which we have yet to receive and that we have paid for).
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? Yes
Overall Rating: 2.2 / 5.0
Review: great person, great images
Reviews Posted: 1
- What was your favorite wedding photo? My favorite wedding photo, in all honesty, it's so hard to pick only one, but if pressed I'd have to say it's an image of my dad and I dancing together under the strobe out on the dance floor. It will be an image I treasure forever. It captured exactly what I remember feeling just then.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? She was great, told us well in advance she uses "long" lenses and never comes more than halfway up the aisle during the cermony. My MOH actually said she never even noticed her during the ceremony but the pics rock.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? We got a complimentary e-session, but we are actually shooting it after the monsoon weather because of the stifling AZ heat, which is what we wanted. Unlimited coverage, the digital files, an album that we are currently creating together, and a beautiful proof box filled with our wedding images. We had to wait an extra week for the prints because of a mistake, but she was great about it and the images were worth the wait.
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? She was great to work with. Quiet and laid back during the ceremony, and she was totally funny and energetic during the fun pics. She actually made me forget the camera was pointed at me and my husband deemed her "awesome, very cool".
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0