Photographers: San Francisco Wedding Photographer - IQphoto
Review: Best San Francisco Wedding Photographer...
Wedding Date: 01/15/2010
Reviews Posted: 1
- It was a pleasure meeting Joseph and having him as our photographer on our special day. He and his assistant did a fabulous job. I'm extremely impressed with his work and absolutely love the photos.
Mr. Joseph Kohn is truly an artistic genius in photography. Joseph is creative, imaginative, and original with an exuberant personality. He comes highly recommended.
- My husband and I had the honor to have Joseph as our photographer for our 2009 New Year's Eve Wedding. Joseph and his assistant captured many photos of "Wedding Cover Magazines." The photos are truly a brides dream. I could not hold myself back from shedding a few tears when I viewed the photos. Big Thank You for the awesome work!
- On December 26, I decided to go shopping at Stoneridge Shopping Center in Pleasanton, CA. I walked through Nordstrom's to exist on the second floor of the Mall. I looked around with misplaced look. I normally start shopping on the 2nd floor but for some reason I was pulled by a force to go down the escalator to begin assembling the wedding of my dreams. As I reached the bottom of the escalator I looked to my left and chills ran through my body. OMG! There staring at me was Blossoms Formal & Bridal Shop. I was overwhelmed with the selection of wedding dresses, but that was fine because my plan was to get a formal simple dress. My choices were not of the best, so I asked the sales representative for her professional assistance. I told her I was looking for a last minute wedding dress for New Year's Eve. She looked at me as if I were insane. With a smile and pleasant look she toured me around. I told her to please help me find a dress that was not too "Fluffy." I can laugh now, but it wasn't funny at the time. I was looking for something fitted. She said; I have the perfect dress for you. It was the only dress she pulled out for me to try on. I put it on and it was perfect! As if I had special ordered the dress. Ladies, when it's meant to be it all happens and it all falls into place. I can attest to it.
- Finally, one of the most important pieces was to locate a photographer. My husband selected the photographer then I went online and viewed Joseph's photo gallery, which was impressive. We both loved it! My husband did a great job locating one of the most fabulous Bay Area photographers.
With only four days to put it all together. I never imagined our wedding would have had the outcome it did. PERFECT! By looking at our photos it appears as if we spent a lifetime planning the wedding. Few!
The most important was that Joseph and his assistant captured unforgettable and perfect moments of the wedding. We will "cherish" those beautiful moments for the rest of our lives. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
If we are ever in need of a professional photographer we would be honored to have him.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Review: Words can't describe how much we appreciate...
Wedding Date: 07/14/2007
Reviews Posted: 1
- What was your favorite wedding photo? Words can't describe how much we appreciate all the hard work you have done!!! Our wedding photos are spectacular!
It seems through our searching of vendors, most top of the line wedding photographers are either sooo classic or just need to retire from taking wedding pictures due to the fact that they seem to miss the fun of the wedding. However, Joseph was right on the target with a great mixture of artistic, classic and magazine shots. Joseph worked with us, even with the picky bride, Jade (I can own up to it) with her photo shots. We wanted a magazine style photos that described the ambiance of the day and he perfect it to the T. Since we didn't hire a videographer, we wanted a photographer who would capture all of our special moments from the engagement pictures, to the dress rehearsal to the getting ready to the ceremony and reception. Every picture was absolutely fabulous.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? For our engagement pictures, time was a crunch for us since we planned our wedding of 160 in three and half months. He made a foggy, windy, dreary day look like we were having fun on the beach with the sun peaking out. His talent and eye made all our worries disappear. When Joseph arrived the night before our wedding at a restaurant we rented for our rehearsal dinner, he arrived prior to the time we asked, in style and a little mysteriously as he didn't want to disrupt our celebration. He arrived with the eye of an artist and left with the best pictures we have ever seen of us and our family and friends. When it came to the morning of the wedding Joseph and his staff arrived right as we started to get ready at 10 am, with the surprise of the heat beating down at 80 degrees. Being that our wedding was at two locations, Joseph and his staff nailed our shots even under the most stressful and uncomfortable situations. Our wedding was in Napa and happened to be a record breaking day of 96 degrees. Having the ceremony in a small 1800's white church, with NO AIR CONDITIONING, an over limit of people attending, and on top of that, a horrible wedding coordinator that kept forgetting everything resulting in a long delay of the ceremony, wasn't the best of the situations. Nevertheless, you would never know from our pictures. By the end of the night, and over 1000 pictures later, Joseph had a huge smile on his face and we knew that we were going to be thrilled with the pictures .Joseph was phenomenal. He made Jade feel like a movie star and Ian like a rock star. His attention to detail, the environment, lighting, texture and to the joy of those who were there just overflowed in his pictures. Joseph went above and beyond the call of duty.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? We couldn't have asked for a more talented, sincere, easy going, professional and wonderful photographer to capture our memories. We had to brag to all of our friends. When one of our friends asked how the wedding shots were, they were surprise at how happy we were with the pictures, since she too just got married, and her photographer didn't capture any of the moments that she would have wanted.The quality of the photos was stunning. With his insanely high pixilated cameras and his experience, we were floored by the clarity, color and styles of the photos. There were no glares, or shiny faces or random things that always seem to appear in the most important photos. First and foremost, we looked fantastic in the pictures (which is never a bad thing), but more importantly, we looked like us and not so posed in every picture. We thought he made the wedding so extravagant, gorgeous, fun, and filled with love. Most essential, he captured the spirit and essence of the event.
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? We know how bad vendors and their mishaps and lack of reliability can stress you out in the planning or during your wedding because we had them (wedding coordinator & reception event manager), but just know when you choose Joseph there are no worries to think about. We would without a single reservation we recommend (and have been recommending) Joseph to any bride and groom to capture their memories. He is worth every penny.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Wedding Date: 09/13/2009
Reviews Posted: 1
- What was your favorite wedding photo? JOSEPH IS AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER. He photographed our September 13th wedding at the Stanford church, and we are so happy and satisfied with the outcome! From the beginning, Joseph has been a pleasant and easy person to work with. He is very professional and talented. We found that his candid shots tell a wonderful story of our wedding day in pictures and some of the photos we received even look like works of art! We waited 12 years to get married, so getting pictures that would allow us to savor this moment was very important to us. We were very critical of the composition, color, sharpness, and style of the pictures taken by the various studios we visited (we checked out at least 7 and Joseph's portfolio was by far the best). You will get your money's worth if you hire Joseph; he has a great eye for composing a gorgeous shot, and he really knows how to capture the excitement of the day with his camera.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits?
This is a skill that we did not necessarily find in the photographers we visited when we examined their portfolios. If you want to see what we're talking about, check out Joseph's IQphoto website and click under Portfolio. The Album and Retouching sections are pretty cool, too. The best part of his website is that it is filled with slideshows of actual weddings he covered, so you get a good idea of the kind and quality of pictures you will get if you book him for your wedding.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? After our event, Joseph put together a 4-min slideshow with music containing 57 (out of 800) of his favorite photos he took throughout the day. We absolutely LOVE it and still feel a tremendous amount of joy watching it! The full array of photos from our wedding were also on-line for everyone to see in only 6 days. We shared the slideshow and the rest of the pictures with family and friends that came to the wedding and people that couldn't make it. Here's what they had to say about Joseph's work:
Omigod, that was AWESOME! I actually got goosebumps and teared up at how beautiful and wonderfully done it was! These are the BEST wedding pictures I've ever seen!!! -Florence
Wow! That rocked! Thanks for sharing. Joseph did an excellent job! Best, Steve
I just saw your wedding slideshow and it made me tear up! What a beautiful wedding you had! You are a stunningly beautiful couple with so much happiness that you can truly see in the pictures!!!!! Karin
These are fantastic pictures. What a creative photographer Joseph is! Thanks for sharing them with me. Rev. Joanne
I really love the slideshow! You are absolutely beautiful in them! I love how Joseph chose some black and white photos but highlighted certain colors in them. Btw, two of my closest female friends with whom I shared your slideshow said you are one of the prettiest brides they had ever seen! :) They were amazed at how beautiful the pictures are in addition to how gorgeous the church was. They got teary-eyed viewing the slideshow, too! Alina
SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you for including me on the slideshow list - yours was a perfect wedding for a perfect couple! Mary
This slideshow is fantastic and so beautiful. Some of the church ones were really amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us! Jean and Edmund
Only had the time to take a look now and I must say that it is AWESOME. The pics captured perfectly the exciting atmosphere of that wonderful day and you definitely look like the prettiest bride in California... or the whole US! ;-) Nuno
Your wife, her dress, the church, the scenery, your wedding party - all very beautiful. You look pretty good too. That was a great slideshow, and I loved the music too. I can't wait to show my parents. I'm sure they are very sorry they missed the wedding. Congratulations on the marriage, and all the best. Donna
BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I'm sorry I missed it. You guys look so happy together. Helen
Congratulations Steve! Very impressive slideshow. It looks like we missed a wonderful wedding. The church was almost as beautiful as the bride. I'm very happy for you. Todd
I want you to know that your wedding slideshow is the most beautiful that I have ever seen. Diana
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? Beyond being the most creative photographer we've ever encountered, Joseph is also a genuinely nice person. Being somewhat new to the area, I wasn't sure where I could find a good make-up artist or florist. I looked at some of the pics on Joseph's website and pointed out some photos where I liked the person's makeup or their wedding flowers and Joseph was kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to email some of these people to find out for me who did the work. It was above and beyond his call of duty. Thank you so much Joseph!
We highly recommend Joseph's work without any hesitation. We feel so lucky to have found him to be our photographer and that he was available on our wedding day. He is truly the best and has surpassed our expectations!
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0