Photographers: Jennifer Lynn Event Photography
Review: Hobgood-Eyermann Wedding
Wedding Date: 08/23/2008
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- It's tough to choose...I have about 10 that could probably tie for first. I really love the one of Darrell and I at Deep River where we are looking at each other right before we were about to kiss. Our expressions are very candid, it's very romantic.
- It was important to us that most of our pictures be candid, and Jen did a great job with that. A lot of the time you didn't know she was taking a picture. As far as being disruptive, it's a wedding and you are paying someone to take pictures of you. Disruptive isn't the right word, but I think a photographer should step in when necessary to get the shot. I thought Jen did this very well. There was not a single moment where I thought she was being disruptive.
The posed shots we got were very nice too. She was good with the kids, and we ended up with a wonderful family picture with everyone actually looking. :)
- I thought that the proof books were a really good deal for the price. I ordered a proof book which had 200 pictures, as well as various other prints. I also ordered a small album (I think it was 4x4, but I'm not positive). It is the cutest thing ever and it was SO reasonably priced. I carry it in my purse incase people ask about the wedding. It holds 10 pictures, it's like a really sofisticated brag book. I recommend everyone gets one!!
Jen offered several different types of albums. She has the most beautiful flush mount albums, all the way down to the proof books, which is what I went with.
There was an engagement session included. However, we really weren't interested in doing one of these, so Jen substituted that for more time at our wedding. I thought that was really nice of her, she was very flexible with us.
- When we went to Deep River, a lot of the poses were very unique, so it wasn't just 'stand next to each other and smile'. That made me more willing to stand out in the heat because I knew that it was going to make a really cool picture. With the posed pictures at the church, she was very efficient. We didn't have to take 5 pictures of the same thing, so it moved quickly which really helped. Also, when we decided to skip some pictures, she was very accommodating. I've been in weddings where the photographer is very controlling, and has a list of pictures they do every time. With Jen it was all about what I wanted, so that was very comforting.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Review: Holly & Ryan Taylor
Wedding Date: 05/31/2008
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- What was your favorite wedding photo? My husband and I sitting on the ground at Ogden Gardens, him behind me and my dress and flowers out to the front. She also did this picture in black and white with my flowers and my sash still having color. It looked beautiful.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? I never even noticed her at the wedding or the reception. She was so quick and quiet that you would not even have known she was ever there.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? We ordered many pictures, and a few enlargements. We also ordered specialty colored pictures. We did have an engagement session, which also included some pictures of my daughter playing (which were also beautiful). She also came to my rehearsal dinner and got some pictures there as well.
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? She talked to us - asked us (bride and groom) what we would like to have pictures of, and with whom. She also communicated ahead of time, so there was not chaos with the picture taking on the day of the wedding.
Overall Rating: 4.0 / 5.0