Minneapolis Photographers: JM Photography
Review: I was so excited- then total disappointment
Reviews Posted: 1
- My favorite photo was a candid shot taken at our bar stop of my husband and I kissing. I wanted lots of fun casual pictures- which I did not get. Jessica spent about 45 min at our bar stop talking not taking pictures. I mentioned my disappointment to her, and she put the blame on my husband and I- stating she did the best she could given the locations we picked. She took very few pictures of the two of us together- and nearly all but this favorite of mine was in one of the boring traditional poses.
- As I said Jessica spent about 45 min not taking pictures, and stated that she did the best she could given our locations. When we had met with her for our engagement pictures the year before we told her our church and receptions site. She told us she didn't know any good parks or locations in the area- but she would look into it- which she did not. I mentioned a week before we were think about stopping at a park to get some casual pictures- she said ok but did not seem thrilled. We then changed our minds because the bar we were stopping at did some neat features (Brick wall with ivy growing, old fashioned street lamps, and our reception site had a nice little patio area with benches and a gazebo. She stated after I mentioned my disappointment that she didn't good casual pictures because we didn't stop at the park and she mentioned many times that she thought we should go to the park (which she never mentioned to me) and she was sure should would have had better pictures if we had gone to the park. She touch alot of Posed , tradiontal pictures, and really lacked the fun, creative, and candid pictures that we hired her for. At the bar she claimed she did not take pictures because she didn't want them to be repetitive.
- We got an engagement session with CD, and 8 hours of photography and CD of the wedding day. Jessica also had laryngitis and could not really speak up- should on my wedding day when she got there she came to me and ask if I could spare someone to talk for her. If she was not going to be able to perform all of the tasks of the wedding- such as asking people to turn their head, or other such commands she should have brought someone with her.
- Yes and No, she was unobtrusive- but my family also felt akward having to help her by telling people when their hair was out of place, or that the airvent on the floor was showing, or if that bridesmaid steps down a step they will line up better. In general I was disappointed- just be careful
Overall Rating: 1.5 / 5.0
Review: You Couldn't Choose Better than Jessica!
Wedding Date: 01/17/2009
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- What was your favorite wedding photo? We've had our photos for weeks and I still haven't been able to narrow it down to just one! Jessica offered us such a great variety of shots that really summarized our day-fun, romantic, classic, creative. She was more than willing to experiment and play around with the different locations we chose for photographs and she kept it fun and energetic the entire time.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? We set aside a good amount of time to dedicate to portraits and she started off running as soon as we were ready. Once we got rolling with the ceremony into the reception I didn't even see her-I'm amazed at some of the shots she captured because I don't remember seeing her there! She kept us laughing and energized the entire time and really helped us feel comfortable and special. It was like having a good friend with us there throughout our wedding day.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? The package we selected included an engagement session with a Disc of our images and rights to print, a second shooter at the wedding, 10 hours of coverage, Discs of our wedding images and rights to print.
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? Jessica was so positive and upbeat-even at the end of the day when she'd been shooting for 10 hours. Her personality is so inviting that it really felt like she was a friend rather than a hired professional. She kept things moving so people didn't get bored or tired with taking time for photographs but still took the time to focus on getting great shots for us.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Review: JM Photography...best decision I made!
Wedding Date: 01/24/2009
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- What was your favorite wedding photo? There is no way that I could ever narrow this down to just one photo! There are a few though that stand out in my mind. The entire series of photos from when my husband and I first saw each other (pre-ceremony) and honestly, I don't even remember her being there, but she captured the emotion so precisely.
Also, there were some with just my husband and I after the ceremony where she so flawlessly made us look like we just stepped out of a fairytale...which is how I felt! I could go on and on...
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? From the moment she arrived to the moment she left, she just kept shooting. It became so natural so quickly that I forgot she was there. She was fantastic with candids (some of my favorite moments), she caught some hilarious moments where my husband could barely walk in his rental shoes in the snow, and she made everyone look their best during the portraits. She's an all-in-one photographer!
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? Included in my package was 8 hours of photography, an engagement session, a guest book made from the engagement photos, a disc of high resolution images with full printing rights for us, and the choice between a professional album or a 2nd photographer. The second shooter that she chose was phenomenal as well. You can rest assured with JM Photography
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? Like I said before, everything became so natural so quickly that we all forgot that she was there. Everyone in my wedding party and family told me how amazing they thought she was. She was so friendly, outgoing, and relaxed. She put everyone at ease!
My husband and I discuss it, still...that we feel blessed and honored that she was our photographer. I will never have difficulty remembering the day because Jessica was there to capture it all!
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0