New York Photographers: Ryan Trupp Photography
Review: Picture Perfect
Wedding Date: 08/04/2012
Reviews Posted: 1
- My favourite photo was a shot Ryan took during our sparkler send-off. Our guests were very co-operative and formed an arc with their sparklers. I held Jeanette in my arms and leaned her back for a romantic kiss. The framing, lighting, and composition of the photo was perfect and so memorable!! Definitely the signature piece for the wedding album.
- Both Ryan and his assistant were so easy to work with. They arrived early in the afternoon to shoot a full schedule of us getting ready, taking first-looks, and family photos before the actual ceremony. Ryan made the whole ordeal feel effortless and smooth. We were able to find some really great backdrops and lighting conditions to make all the photos look like the coolest ones you see on Pinterest. We were so blessed with great weather on the day and Ryan took full advantage.
I hardly noticed Ryan and Isabel taking candids throughout the day, which turned out exceptionally well. Jeanette and I told him our preference to take more "framed" photos on the day compared to a very candid-based shoot for our engagement session. The feedback I see in the photos was spot on. Very frame-able and interesting.
We had lots of dancing and action shots for our sparkler spend-off which turned out to be the highlight of the night!
- We chose to upgrade from the original package we purchased as we wanted to extend the shooting time. It was one of the best decisions we made as I felt we covered everything possible. We had a full 8 hours with an assistant. The package also included an engagement shoot, which I highly recommend, along with a significant amount of vouchers to spend towards prints.
- Our whole family was so impressed with Ryan and Isabel. They never said no to the million requests they must've heard at the reception. Ryan smile and excitement made my bride and I relaxed and feeling natural in front of the camera all day. He even managed to capture some great shots of my little 1.5 year old nephew who's attention span is very limited.
Jeanette and I were so happy we chose Ryan to be our photographer. From the moment we met at our engagement shoot, I knew we made the right decision. He's so talented and down-to-earth and makes everyone feel super comfortable. I highly recommend him to everyone who get's married in the NY area.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Review: So lucky to have found Ryan, could not be happier!
Wedding Date: 10/17/2008
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- What was your favorite wedding photo? My favorite photo was the one Ryan took of my husband and I sitting on the ledge of Bethesda Fountain in Central Park. He was able to capture the light glimmering off the falling water from the fountain in the background and it was breathtaking!
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? Having Ryan take the pictures really felt like he was one of the family, just asking us to take easy poses here and there. I was a bit nervous about all the different wedding shots we would take, and really didn't want it to be a traditional, structured feeling. We talked with him about that and he was totally on the same page. I got the feeling that he really envisioned what we wanted. If I would have wanted the traditional route, I know he would have done an excellent job at that as well. He is easy to talk to and truly tries to make the bride and groom happy no matter what their vision. I could not have been more happy with the results. We had a little bit of everything-- creative shots, life-time album shots, and ones I just look at every other day to remember the wonderful time.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? Ryan offered everything to us (Albums, DVDs, etc) -- it was hard to decide what to purchase! Shortly after the wedding (-I'm talking a week!!-) he emailed us an unbelievable slideshow of some pics with music. That was an amazing keepsake. He had so much to offer, but at the same time he didn't pressure us at all to buy anything. Quite refreshing for a photographer from NY!
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? We are so lucky to have found Ryan. He made us feel completely comfortable and my family from the midwest was so impressed. He was professional, but not stuffy or pressuring. I have to say the best part about Ryan is his skill, though. We feel so fortunate to have these professional photos he took of us forever. He truly captured the day in a way that I'm not sure other photographers could. We plan to use him again when we go back to NY for some anniversary shots. I write reviews a lot and am usually a bit more critical, but there honestly isn't anything bad I can think of to say about Ryan and his business. Definitely recommend!
Overall Rating: 4.8 / 5.0