Draper Photographers: Jason McGrew Photography
Review: Want to Wait 3 Years for Your Album?
Wedding Date: 04/25/2009
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- We hired Mr. McGrew out of state because we wanted our engagement and wedding photos to be like the ones on his website. Although he says he specializes in LDS weddings, as his website search results describe, we are not LDS, which we would like to point out. Also worth noting, we paid in full, upfront, at his request.
- Regarding the waiting time, we received our album three years (minus eight days) after our wedding, and we received our photo CD 18 months after the wedding.
- Regarding professionalism, Mr. McGrew would ignore our voice messages and emails for months at a time (the longest silence from him was 14 months), all the while we were still trying to contact him (with a respectful amount of time in between attempted contacts).
- We did not appreciate waiting so long or being ignored so many times, especially since the photos themselves were not as great as we thought they would be for the price that he charged. We hope that other prospective clients will make an informed decision about whether to hire him.
Overall Rating: 1.0 / 5.0
Review: Had no idea what I was in for. He knows his stuff.
Wedding Date: 05/18/2010
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- What was your favorite wedding photo? I simply loved one of our bridal/groomal shots taken in the mountains near where I grew up. Jason is an avid mountain biker so he knows of some of the best natural locations in Utah, including this one. I loved our whole bridal/groomal session because of this, but there is one shot of us from behind with a gorgeous, dramatic mountain backdrop. He captured the most amazing sky and made it look like the most perfect landscape shot that we just happened to be in. Talk about one-of-a-kind.
- How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits? Jason knows Utah weddings. He knew exactly what to plan for and exactly what details to ask me about in advance to make sure everything went smoothly. I love how he makes candid shots look like you were really there. I didn't get to see a lot of our reception, but I feel like I did because of our photography. As far as portraits go, I think Jason really likes to build on what you naturally do. Be ready to give your own input and just be natural. He'll make the most of that.
- What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers? I don't think Jason has any set packages. You kind of design your own package and he makes it work for you. We added in a photobooth at the reception that made for some excellent entertainment for the guests and some super fun photos for us to keep.
- How did the photographer make you and family comfortable? I think Jason is very relaxed and flexible. I also recommend letting him get to know you and your style as much as possible beforehand. He can do so much with every bit of information he has about you and your family.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0