Wedding Date: 11/01/2009
Reviews Posted: 1
- How did wedding planner make your day special? Wynn Austen of Le Chic Consulting did a great job setting up and taking down my wedding and was a great sounding board when finalizing the details and timeline. But unfortunately, she dropped the ball during the wedding, she and her assistant (whom I was never introduced to) were MIA during most of the wedding.
- Useful suggestions, tips, wisdom your planner offered? As I mentioned, Wynn Austen was a good sounding board just before the wedding and helped tie up many loose ends. Encouraged me to add some nice touches that made my ceremony more memorable and pushed back on things that weren't needed, I was relieved to have someone knowledgeable to bounce ideas off of.
- How the planner reduced your inner-Bridezilla? Unfortunately, Wynn Austen induced my inner-Bridezilla, I was pretty chill until the night before the wedding during my rehearsal dinner. The band leader sent me a frantic email saying he still hadn't received the timeline, which Wynn supposedly sent out. The day of the wedding, I arrive at the venue and the catering manager and Wynn are frantic because they don't have the seating chart, which according to my records was sent to Wynn a week before and yet she insisted that she never received it. The comedy of errors continued throughout the night, she stepped on my dress and bustle came apart, she was nowhere to be found when the dinner service was running an hour late, the band screwed up the speeches and my in-laws names, I can go on and on...
- Value of a wedding planner? Wynn Austen is great if you need someone to help set up and take down the wedding, but don't count on her to coordinate the actual event, a wedding coordinator should on top of things to make sure things run smoothly, this is where Wynn dropped the ball unfortunately. And maybe it's because she had another wedding that weekend and thing slipped through the cracks. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because she seemed so awesome when we met initially and I want her business to succeed. I
Overall Rating: 2.2 / 5.0
- Executed Your Dream Wedding : 1.0
Vendor Comment:In order to work with the client's restricted budget, the client agreed on the contract to take care of the the planning and details before our wrap up appointment. (Example, completed vendor information, timeline etc). A list of the client's responsibilities were emailed to the client 3 months before the event. However, the client did not complete the majority of the items on the checklist. Le Chic coordinated the wedding to the best of our ability. We tried to accommodate the clients and went above and beyond the responsibilities and hours contracted without charging the client, and prevented the client from incurring extra costs for clean up from the caterers. With respect to the client, we will not go into the details. Overall, the wedding was beautiful, the guests couldn't stop commenting how beautiful her wedding was. When we coordinate weddings, we try our best to do it behind the scenes so that we do not disturb the celebrations. Our biggest advice to brides: Be as detailed as you can when giving your coordinator instructions on what you would like her to execute or to have done. You can never be too detailed.