Brooklyn Wedding Venues: Galapagos Art Space
Review: One-of-a-kind perfection!
Wedding Date: 08/18/2008
Reviews Posted: 1 (View all)
- Incredible moody lighting reflected in the first-floor lake, with candles sprinkled throughout-- it felt like a modern-day fairytale. There's a pre-made runway leading up to the stage, turning this former stable into something straight out of Modern Bride, or even Architectural Digest! We were walking on water, literally!
- The owner of Galapagos served as almost another wedding planner, giving us ideas and insight from the get-go. The administration was not only happy to accommodate our every need, they encouraged us to be as creative as we could!
- Aside from the fabulous interior of Galapagos itself, the DUMBO, Brooklyn location makes you feel you've left NYC and travelled somewhere exotic. Well, you have! Just not outside NYC. The streets are paved with cobblestone in this light-infused neighborhood, with incredible views of Manhattan, the river, and the current waterfalls installation. From the walk to Galapagos to our initial experience inside, it was magical. The staff was gracious and welcoming, taking care of our guests above and beyond.
- The romantic decor, the Times-worthy photo opportunities, and, best of all, seeing everyone's jaws drop when they walked inside! My husband and I wanted our wedding venue to be entirely unique-- to get as far away as possible from those wedding locales that host weddings day-and-night, where you can imagine each and every one looking like the exact same cliche. In this spot that serves as theater for all kinds of arts the rest of the year, we knew we'd found a treasure.
Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
- Knowledgeable, Friendly : 5.0