Special to OneWed from Drew of GigMasters.com
The days just before your event can be among the most stressful you’ll ever experience. You’re busy worrying about caterers, the five-day forecast, the potential of your uncle giving one of his famous embarrassing speeches and any number of other possible calamities.
GigMasters, the experts in hiring event entertainment, have tips to keep you organized and (relatively) stress free.
One way in which GigMasters alleviates your stress is with our Pre-Event Checklist. We send this comprehensive list to every client and performer five days before the event, to make sure both parties are on the same page. This checklist covers ten vital points that you should consider in the days leading up to your event:
1. CONTRACTS – GigMasters offers a standard contract template at no additional charge. We recommend that all clients and performers sign a contract so you can rest easy. Whether you use our contract or create your own, be sure you both have copies of the dated and signed contract. We even recommend that you bring a copy of the contract with you to the event just in case!
2. DIRECTIONS – Performers are not mind readers (well, our psychics are), the better directions you provide the more likely that they will arrive on time. Make sure to give your performer the address, phone number and website URL of the venue well in advance.
3. VENUE SPECIFICS - Venue specifics such as outlet locations, stage setup, etc. should be discussed in detail.
4. WEATHER – Nobody wants to think about it, but rain/weather contingencies should be discussed and agreed upon if applicable. No performer wants to risk damaging their expensive and beloved equipment, so it’s important that you talk about the worst case weather scenarios, as scary as they may be.
5. PLAY LIST – If you are hiring musicians it is important for them to know what you would like them to play ahead of time so that they can rehearse and create a set list.
6. CLOTHING – Tuxes or T-shirts? Performer attire should be discussed and agreed upon in advance.
7. FOOD/DRINK – Are you providing food and drinks for your entertainer? Are you ok with them consuming alcohol or would you rather they abstain?
8. OVERTIME - Overtime rates should be discussed and agreed upon in advance in case you are not ready for the fun to stop.
9. FINAL PAYMENT - Final payment arrangements including method of payment (cash, cashier's check, etc.) should be discussed and agreed upon in advance, to avoid any confusion and potential embarrassment.
10. CONTACT INFO – You should already have it by now, but just to be sure, GigMasters sends the performer’s contact information to the client and vice versa five days prior to the event.
While we won’t claim that we can completely cure you of your event stress – our goal is to keep the entertainment portion of your party under control. If only we could say the same about your relatives!
Find great wedding day performers