Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie knows all about wedding splurges. But... he didn't come out of the womb planning million dollar weddings! So he knows quite a bit about where to save when planning a wedding, too. Below, Colin shares his 5 splurges, and 5 areas to save, so you can execute your dream wedding vision without breaking the bank.
5 spurge-worthy wedding items:
1. Beautiful Invitations
2. Stunning Flowers
3. Delicious Food
4. Tasty Cocktails
5. Fabulous Music
Save on these 5 things:
1. Instead of expensive imported champagne, think of a sparkling wine or well-crafted cocktail.
2. Instead of a large orchestra or live band have a great DJ. Todays DJ’s are tomorrow’s rock stars.
3. Instead of a cocktail hour…..have your pictures taken prior to the wedding and then proceed directly from the ceremony to the reception.
4. Forget the party favors or tchotchkes…..instead upgrade the chicken stuffed with a-la-something to a succulent rack of lamb.
5. Instead of serving dessert followed by wedding cake….make your wedding cake the dessert feature.
What do you think? Do you agree with each of Colin's splurges and saves? What other things did you expect to see on his list?