If you've done your research and hired a great photographer, chances are you'll be wowed when viewing your wedding photos for the first time. But, not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, which can lead to the subject looking like a deer in headlights (not a good look for the bride or groom!).
BuzzFeed recently published 31 rules of the road for brides and grooms to follow, in order to avoid wedding day photo disasters, fails, and cringe-worthy moments. It's a hilarious post, but for your reading pleasure, I've summed up the major takeaways below!
1. Do NOT incorporate guns, snakes or iguanas. And ditch the exotic animals too.
2. Ensure everyone is clothed and appropriately attired.
3. Avoid getting photobombed.
4. Tread lightly when incorporating horses.
5. Just say no to the shrunken bride effects.
6. Remember that marriage is a sacred occasion, so keep your poses classy (not trashy).
7. Stay dignified at all times.
8. Keep Photoshop usage to a minimum.
9. Remind every member of the wedding party to keep a smile plastered on at all times.
10. Be wary if getting hitched on the beach, and be aware of potential hazards.
11. Most importantly... remember to put on a happy face!