Every bride wants to pick a wedding dress that will make her groom's jaw drop, his knees weak, and his heart fill with pride and adoration. But truthfully, no matter what style of gown you choose, your groom will surely be impressed. After all, he chose you out of all the other women in the world to be his one and only!
And if you're able to score a drop dead gorgeous wedding dress for a steal, your groomie will not only drool... but he'll praise you for your budget savvy ways. Most designer wedding gowns cost (at least) a few thousand dollars. But if you shop and time your purchase right, you could walk away with your dream dress for well under $1000.
Here are 5 Budget Tips for Buying the Dress...
- Know your trunk shows and be prepared to pull the trigger.
- Consider pre-owned or never worn sample styles (PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com is a great place to start).
- Buy online but use caution! Make sure the website you're buying from is reputable, legit, and will deliver exactly what you're paying for.
- Go vintage or indie. Check out the offerings from Etsy designers and sites like The Vintage Wedding Dress Company.
- Price it out. Unless you're at a trunk show (and have to buy the dress right then and there), make sure to shop around for the best price. Some boutiques will even match a competitor's price (or throw in something extra) if you ask nicely.
So now that you're armed with the tools to get the best bang for your bridal buck, take a peek at eight wedding dresses you can buy for $500 or less!
How much are you willing to spend on your dream wedding dress? Do any of these affordable styles catch your eye? Which gown do you love most?