Special to OneWed by Lisa W. for FiftyFlowers.com
Looking for a simple and stunning table accent? Go vertical! It’s easy to create this darling centerpiece by hanging a strand of orchids inside a glass cylinder. Simply use a DIY flower arranger as your support. Plus, orchids are easy to work and hearty - thus perfect for DIY projects. And you can save money and time by purchasing ready-made bags of loose orchid blooms instead of stems.
Here’s the scoop on how you can make this centerpiece for an upcoming engagement party, shower, wedding reception or brunch:
• Orchid blossoms
• DIY flower arranger
• 4-inch cylinder vase
• Sewing needle
• Fishing wire
• Rocks or marbles
• Spray bottle of water
• Using needle and fishing wire thread the orchids into a strand about 3-4 inches long.
• Hang strand of orchids from center of the DIY flower arranger.
• Place rocks in the bottom of the cylinder.
• Insert strand of orchids into cylinder so arranger rests on the top of the vase.
• Add one more decorative orchid blossom on top to finish the look.
• Mist daily to keep the orchids hydrated.
See how easy DIY can be! And the best news is that orchids and stones come in a variety of colors so you can design your own unique look!