We don't typically cover engagement sessions on the blog, but in my mind, this sassy vintage e-session is definitely blog worthy! And, it totally jives with a few of our Top Trends for 2010- brides catching vintage fever & screwing the trends in favor of expressing your individuality!
Take a look at these pictures by Kelly Hornberger Photography. Isn't it exciting to see an engagement session like this? Historically, when I think "e-session", I'm thinking boring couples shots, an outfit change or two, and not much else. But these pictures are inspiring- you can take your e-session in whatever direction you'd like, express your personality and style, and show the fun, quirky sides that make you and your fiance so great!
Here's a little background on this cool couple and rad engagement session...
Shannon and Brian love them some Rat Pack and the 1940's. Their upcoming wedding this summer is going to be at a retro movie theatre in Downtown Houston. We wanted to incorporate this vibe into their e-session, and here's how we did it:
- Balloons that matched their wedding color palette.
- Shannon's Vintage Garb: a couple sweet dresses from Anthropologie, vintage gloves and hat.
- Brian's Style: he wore a basic suit, striped tie and black fedora from Target.
- Funky Cake Topper: the vintage bird statuette pictured will sit atop their wedding cake.
- Stroke of Luck: we stumbled upon a broken down vintage Jaguar, which we clearly could not pass up!