Finding the perfect wedding dress is a must for most brides. And while the process of searching, shopping and trying on can be a daunting one, it'll pay off handsomely once you find the gown of your dreams! But what if you find two dresses that catch your eye and leave you swooning? How do you make that final decision? Here are five tips to help you narrow it down to the perfect gown!
1. Do you feel like YOU? It's great to look "glamorous" or like a "princess" or "blushing bride" when you walk down the aisle. But make sure the dress looks like you with that adjective, and that the Sometimes dresses can overshadow a bride, no matter how much you might like the dress itself.
2. Leave the dressing room. One of my favorite things to know when a dress is "right" is to leave the dressing room and see other people's reaction to a dress. Time and again, when a dress looks really great on a bride, I will overhear other brides saying "can I try that on?" or mothers suggesting they look at something by "whoever designed what that woman is wearing".
3. Go to your closet. Try on your favorite dress and ask yourself what things about it make you like the way you look in it- is it the waistline? Is it the neckline? Remember those things and take that info to your dress appointments.
4. Forget pre-conceived notions. Don't let your image of "what you always thought you'd like" stop you from looking at something different. Just because you always thought you'd wear strapless, don't refuse to see something with a strap or sleeve. You might have only imagined yourself in a slinky gown, but something a little more full might click. Don't look at EVERYTHING, but if the consultant has a suggestion, be open to it!
5. Sleep on it. No matter how much pressure you might feel in the appointment, if you aren't 100% sure, get a full nights rest and re-think it. Sometimes your memory of how you felt in a dress goes a long way.