Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
We’re all a little bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day so consider some of these great Irish traditions for your wedding:
• One Irish tradition calls for the wedding couple to walk to the church together before exchanging their wedding vows.
• Traditionally, Irish brides wear blue wedding dresses, rather than white dresses. In ancient times, blue symbolized purity.
• Irish brides often mix lavender (a symbol of love and loyalty) in to their bouquets.
• An Irish bride braids her hair for her wedding day. Braided hair is an ancient symbol of feminine power and luck.
• The Irish tradition of a honeymoon is for the bride and groom to spend a month together drinking honeyed wine, in case their families tried to separate them.
By the way, that awesome Irish pub sign is available from our good friends at the Man Registry!Helpful LinksWedding TraditionsShop for Celtic Wedding Accessories and Rings