By Azure Nelson,
Published Dec 6, 2010
Special to OneWed by Lisa W. for FiftyFlowers.com
, video by Pro One Video
Wow your wedding guests with fresh flower-adorned champagne toasting flutes! Last week, we got into the holiday spirit with the very merry red and green wedding
. This post featured 10 simple DIY wedding flower projects
, and we're teaching you how to create each one! Today in our Advice section
, we walk you through how to create 5 fabulous DIY wedding flower arrangements
for your holiday-inspired wedding!
And to make things even easier, we've got a fantastic video demonstrating complete DIY
steps and instructions for one of these projects- the Floral Toasting Flutes
to make your first toast even more beautiful! Just follow along with the video, and tuck away the DIY how to in your inspirational wedding binder!
Floral Toasting Flutes DIY Wedding Project
- What You'll Need -
• Toasting Flutes
• Moss Covered Wire
• 24 gauge floral wire sticks
• One stem Spray Roses
• Shears and Wire Cutters
- How-To Steps -
• Wrap the moss covered wire around the base of the glass and secure it by twisting end over end.
• Wind the wire up and around the glass until you get to the top. Give yourself and inch of extra length and then cut the wire. Using the extra tightly secure the wire be wrapping it around itself
• Take a stem of spray roses and snip off the most beautiful open bloom you can find. Snip just below the neck.
• Take a piece of floral wire and insert through the stem. Wrap around to secure the wire.
• Slide the wire underneath the moss covered wire and wrap to secure.
• Adjust the bloom so it’s facing upward. Add champagne and toast!
Get the skinny
on all 5 DIY wedding flower projects
in our Advice section