The Best (and worst) Father Daughter Dance Songs
Sep 10, 2009
Father of the Bride,
Top Tips & Wedding Ideas
WARNING: This post may cause unintentional sniffling.
Happy Monday! Father’s Day is this weekend, and to celebrate we offer a week’s worth of posts honoring dad.
Today, we give you a completely unscientific listing of what I have determined are the top ten father/daughter dance songs. I'm not saying all these songs are great, I'm just saying they're what a lot of people choose.
1) Sunrise/Sunset (Fiddler on the Roof)
2) Father and Daughter (Paul Simon)
3) Unforgettable (Natalie Cole/Nat King Cole)
4) Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
5) My Girl (The Temptations)
6) Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle)
7) Through the Years (Kenny Rogers)
8) The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra)
9) Ballerina Girl (Lionel Richie)
10) Daughter (Loudon Wainwright III)
Because I’m fortunate to have a lot of smart-alecky friends, whose opinion I sought before writing this article, here are the five worst songs you could choose for your father/daughter dance:
1) Father Figure (George Michael)
2) I Want to Be Sedated (The Ramones)
3) White Wedding (Billy Idol)
4) Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)
5) Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye)
Tomorrow, how to survive the father/daughter dance with toes and egos intact.
What's your father-daughter dance song?