Special Feature by Rob Peterson ofLA Boxing
Box your way to a killer bod with these tips from LA Boxing's Director of Fitness...
• Some easy ways to cut calories include:
- Cut your meal portions in half
- Drink more water (approximately 1 oz per kilo of body weight)
- Eat more vegetables
- Minimize sugars and starches
- Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day
• Doing little things like parking further away from work or the gym and always taking the stairs or doing little bits of cardio (like dancing or jogging in place) during commercials as you watch TV can help you burn more calories as well.
• Getting a heart rate monitor with a calorie counter on it can help keep you accountable and motivate you to keep moving.
• Taking walks at lunch or after dinner can help with digestion as well as help to burn a few more calories during the day.
• Before starting a strenuous full LA boxing workout you should get your body used to exercise by doing classes for 2-3 weeks 2-3 times per week at 50-60% intensity. This will allow you to recover faster in the first few weeks and avoid injury.
• Weight training at 50-60% 2x a week for the first 2-3 weeks will prepare your body for more high intensity 800-1000 calorie burning workouts later, and best of all you decrease your risk of injury and enduring soreness after.