Who We Are
Kevin Blackburn Photography is a family-owned and operated business that provides a range of professional photographic services for a variety of clients and events. Kevin and Tysha have a full time staff of three and a seasonal staff of contract and support personnel that range from four to eight depending on our clients needs. With over 10 years experience as a professional photographer, We can provide you with the highest quality imaging and personal service that you deserve.
Their work with weddings has resulted in becoming one of the most sought after photographers in the area and their availability for favorites dates are quickly filled as much as 18 months in advance. Kevin also limits the number of weddings he captures for 2010 to 6 and only takes clients on referral this gives give his clients the attention they deserve. Kevin’s work has captured numerous awards and most recently Kevin was selected as the Valley’s favorite photographer by Media General and he was selected for the 2008/2009 Who’s Who of business and Photography. Kevin Blackburn Photography’s clients have quickly grown to appreciate his unique style and creativity
Why commission Kevin Today?
1. With Kevin Blackburn Photography, you hire a professional experienced Artist and assistants. to capture ur day with the Added Bonus of having a minimum of one often two, highly trained artistic assistants with Kevin! We can be in two places at once, if needed! And you don't have to worry about a stranger photographing your priceless moments.
2. Kevin was Voted Valley’s Choice Favorite photographer by media general news papers and he was selected for the 2008/2009 Who’s Who of business in Photography.
3. You get the unique and one of a kind photographic art that only Kevin can provide with his years of experience, passion and out going personality He captures your day by becoming a part of it sharing in the fun and joy with you. Kevin takes special pride in all of his weddings and only books 8-10 a year so he can give you and your day the attention your deserve.
4. Every event is unique; therefore, we never limit the images covered at an event. With no image limits....our average number of images for your wedding day ranges greatly but we are there to capture it all! Get complete coverage of your day!
5. Don't stress....have a blemish the morning of your special day? With State of the Art Computer Technology, our design team will correct any imperfections! These are images you will cherish for a lifetime!
6. You receive our expertise in designing your album. We care about the quality of your album. We realize this may be the first album you have designed. We won't leave it all up to you. All you have to do is select the images you want and leave the rest to us and our highly trained and experience album designers. This is a family heirloom. Let us help you make a storybook not a scrapbook!
7. All of our bridal couples receive a membership to our Lifetime Portrait Program a $1500 value!
8. Receive a Master File DVD of all your images with all packages. DVDs are Safer then negatives, which may scratch, bend, or be misplaced! This disk will allow you to share your images with friends and family by Email and you can archive your family heirloom forever!
9. We use only the best camera and lighting equipment, all State of the Art Technology, all top of the line equipment! And don’t worry....We always come prepared with plenty of back-up equipment!
10. On-line ordering. to make your life simpler and easier! No lugging heavy proof books all around town to friends and family! Send them to your special website and let them order with ease!
11. Interest free financing for up to 12 months
What was your favorite wedding photo?
I cannot say that I had one favorite, there were so many that were outstanding. Kevin captured every moment and emotion of our day very well.
How did the wedding photographer avoid disrupting the day? Great with candids? Action shots? Portraits?
Kevin and Tysha were very flexible and most of the time you did not even notice their presence. The candid shots were great - when I saw some of them I could not believe that they had captured so much.
What was included in your wedding photo package? Albums? DVDs? Engagement pics? Two photographers?
The one thing that I liked most that Kevin offered along with the package is that we received a DVD of all the photos with a copyright release. Other photographers that I spoke to charged an additional fee for this and the fee was in the thousands! We also received over 200 4x6 photos and three photographers on the wedding day. An album was not included with our package, but we did order an album that Kevin gave us an excellent deal on. Lastly, I liked that Kevin sets up monthly payment arrangements when you secure his services. It was nice that when the wedding day came that the photographer was paid in full.
How did the photographer make you and family comfortable?
Kevin is not a stuffy photographer that dictates every pose - you know telling you to turn to the right, move your hand or tilt your head before a shot can be taken. I was very happy about that because photographers that do that can be very time consuming and create unnatural shots. Kevin is very natural and the fact that he doesn't instruct every position allowed for many more photos to be taken. Kevin also has a sense of humor - my husband and I along with our family and friends can be a little unusual and he went with the flow easily.